LOS ANGELES -- The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium outfiel

Sezione dedicata alle JB & App IOs
Rispondi
zhanjiao1212

LOS ANGELES -- The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium outfiel

Messaggio da zhanjiao1212 » ven lug 05, 2019 8:36 am

LOS ANGELES -- The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium outfield, a beach volleyball court on their right and a Kiss performance stage to their left. Bob Lilly Youth Jersey . A surprisingly good ice rink was straight ahead, glistening in the Hollywood night. "We felt like rock stars," Anaheim defenceman Ben Lovejoy said. "That was by far the coolest feeling Ive ever had playing hockey." After all the spectacle and sensation of the NHLs first warm-weather outdoor game, Jonas Hiller and the Ducks demonstrated whos on top of this rivalry -- with or without a roof. Corey Perry and Matt Beleskey scored first-period goals, and the Ducks beat the Kings 3-0 at Dodger Stadium on Saturday night. Hiller made 36 saves in his 20th career shutout as the league-leading Ducks dominated the landmark meeting of Southern Californias two hockey teams under the stars in Chavez Ravine. Andrew Cogliano added an empty-net goal with 1:29 left to close this unusual chapter in the NHLs expanded slate of outdoor games. "Its a little different playing out here, but its nothing that threw us off," Hiller said. The league threw a California carnival for the event: People in shorts and tank tops played Frisbee and practiced yoga between periods while skateboarders rolled past a ball hockey court featuring youth teams. Although the temperature was 63 degrees with significant humidity when Wayne Gretzky dropped the first puck, the ice held up fairly well in the night air. The Ducks had no problems adjusting to the new sightlines and backgrounds while shutting out the Kings. "It was maybe a little slower than some rinks, but it was smooth," Anaheims Teemu Selanne said. "Were used to not-good ice out (West) anyway. The whole package was incredible. You dont have that many chances to play in front of 55,000 people. This was pretty high on my bucket list." The Ducks earned their 21st victory in 24 games, beating Los Angeles for the second time in three days. The Kings lost their fifth straight game. The Kings hosted the first official outdoor game west of the Rocky Mountains in recognition of the NHLs near half-century in Los Angeles and their rivalry with the Ducks, who joined the league two decades ago. And though this game bore little resemblance to the snowbound outdoor contests in northern climes, the excited fans and enthused players embraced this unorthodox version of pond hockey with gusto. "I cant see any reason we shouldnt do this more," Selanne said. "The quality of hockey was great. Im going to remember this." The teams wore specially designed jerseys for the game, with the Kings crown logo dominating their grey jerseys while the Ducks sported bright orange. After a day filled with fan events and celebrations of the cold-weather sports rich California roots, Anaheim showed whos currently in charge of this rivalry. The Ducks followed up their 2-1 victory in Thursdays rivalry meeting in Anaheim by opening a seven-point lead over Chicago atop the overall standings. Jonathan Quick made 18 saves as the Kings matched their longest skid of an otherwise solid season. After getting a goal in the opening minutes of Thursdays loss, Los Angeles hasnt scored in 116 consecutive minutes against the Ducks. "As for us not scoring goals, its been a constant theme, and its getting embarrassing," Los Angeles defenceman Drew Doughty said. "So we need to pick up our socks, and everyone needs to get hungry around the net and score goals." Hiller made 20 saves and stopped Anze Kopitars penalty shot in the first period, and the Swiss netminder turned away every good scoring chance after that in his fourth shutout and 24th victory of the season. Just 2:45 in, Perry scored the first goal in Dodger Stadium history, connecting rather easily on a rebound of Ryan Getzlafs shot off a faceoff. Less than six minutes later, Beleskey was alone at the side of Quicks net to score on a play set up by Selannes pass. Kopitar was awarded a penalty shot midway through the period when Lovejoy hooked him on a breakaway, but the Kings leading scorer couldnt do much with the puck, and Hiller stopped it. "The experience was fun and it was exciting, playing on a stage like this in front of all those people, but it was definitely not the outcome we wanted," Kopitar said. Cogliano had the best scoring chance of the second period, but lost the puck on a breakaway. Hiller was outstanding after struggling in his last start against Winnipeg, and Cogliano wrapped up the win in the closing seconds with his 17th goal. NOTES: The crowd was announced at 54,099 -- a number that likely made Gretzky smile. ... Despite significant public interest, the game didnt sell out until early Saturday. The NHL overpriced many tickets when they first went on sale, forcing price reductions and refunds in the sections that werent selling. ... Perry joined Cristiano Ronaldo as the first players to score a goal in their respective sports at Dodger Stadium. Last August, Ronaldo scored Real Madrids first goal against Everton in the stadiums first soccer game. Larry Allen Youth Jersey .com) - The Vancouver Canucks hope an upcoming stretch of home games will be enough to get the club into the postseason. Chuck Howley Youth Jersey .What they got was a bevy of players chipping in to pick up the slack.Josh Smith scored 18 points and James Harden added 17 as the Rockets used a balanced scoring effort to outlast the Mavericks for a 99-94 victory. http://www.cowboysrookieproshop.com/Cow ... on-Jersey/ . After just two league games in June, Toronto (6-4-1) will go on to play seven in July plus a friendly against Tottenham. Five of those contests are against Eastern Conference opposition, meaning valuable points in the playoff race are on the line. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bays Dashon Goldson is proud of his reputation as a hard-hitting safety, but concedes it bothers him that theres a growing perception that hes a dirty player. "Im an aggressive player, we all know that. My intention is to never to go out and hurt anybody," the seventh-year pro said Wednesday after the NFL reduced his one-game suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Saints running back Darren Sproles to a $100,000 fine. "I try to keep my hits within the rules. Thats what Im going to do week in and week out," Goldson added. "Im going to try to get guys on the ground. But at the same time, Ive got to be careful." The decision by Matt Birk, who handles appeals of discipline of on-field punishment for players for the league and NFL Players Association, allows Goldson to practice this week and play Sunday at New England. "The appeal went OK. I sat there and had a good argument, I felt," said Goldson, who suspended one game without pay Monday for flagrant and repeat violations of NFL safety rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players. "I explained my side, and they went and explained the rules. We met halfway on the deal pretty much," the two-time Pro Bowl selection said. "The good thing is Im not suspended. I get to play this week, which was the most important thing." Goldson was flagged for unnecessary roughness in last weeks game against New Orleans for the hit, one of three helmet-to-helmet penalties called against the Buccaneers. Defensive end Adrian Clayborn was called for a head shot on quarterback Drew Brees, and safety Ahmad Black drew a penalty for hitting tight end Jimmy Graham in the helmet. The unnecessary roughness call on Goldson for hitting Sproles was the second against the safety in two weeks, and his fifth overall since 2011. "Hes had a lot of those. He certainly has no regard for the rules in the middle. Hes going after guys heads. You can see it," Brees said. "Obviously, $100,000 is a pretty hefty fine. And Im sure if it continues to happen itll be even greater punishment than that." Brees also was critical of Blacks hit on Graham, which came on an incompletion. "I know its tough playing the safety position in the middle. Things happen fast," Brees said. "But then again, theres some instances where you can see it was pretty obvious a guy was going at another guys head. And that happened onn at least two occasions in our game. Robert Newhouse Youth Jersey. " Since the start of the 2010 season, Goldson has drawn a league-high 15 major penalties, including three for unsportsmanlike conduct. Birk upheld a $30,000 fine for another Goldson hit two weeks ago against New York Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland. "Ive got to take my shots when they present themselves, but theyve got to be clean. No launching, of course. No hats on hats, making sure I get the guy down and do it properly," Goldson said. "I know theres going to be a lot of eyes on me from now on. And thats ok," he added. "Ive just got to be smart. Im not trying to hurt our team. Im definitely not trying to hurt myself or another player." Commissioner Roger Goodell said he had not yet seen Birks decision, but noted that Goldson received a "substantial fine" that shows "a violation of the rule has consequences." "Players are adapting to the rules and techniques," Goodell said, adding "the culture doesnt change overnight." Goldson was an All-Pro last season with San Francisco, helping the 49ers reach the Super Bowl. He joined Tampa Bay as a free agent, signing a five-year, $41.25 million contract. If the seventh-year pros suspension had been upheld it would have cost Goldson $264,705 in salary. Coach Greg Schiano welcomed the news that Goldson would be able to play Sunday. "Dashons become a big part of our defence, obviously. Its great that we have him back. Were fortunate," the coach said, adding the coaching staff will continue to work with players and make sure they adhere to the rules. "I dont want to be in this position. I know he doesnt want to be in this position," Schiano said. "Its something weve got to work very hard on. ... Weve got to get it corrected because we cant afford to lose him, and we want to play the game within the rules." The Bucs have committed a league-high 23 penalties for 220 yards in two games. Theyve been flagged for six personal fouls -- five for helmet-to-helmet contact and the other for a late hit on Jets quarterback Geno Smith. Goldson said he will remain aggressive, adding that he made a name for himself in the NFL with a good, clean hard play. "Its just unfortunate these last two weeks that Im a dirty player all of a sudden," Goldson said. "It is what it is. Im going to continue to do me, but just be smart at the same time." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

villageidiot

Re: LOS ANGELES -- The Anaheim Ducks and the Los Angeles Kings walked between the palm trees into the Dodger Stadium out

Messaggio da villageidiot » sab lug 27, 2019 8:32 pm

Rispondi

Torna a “Jailbreak & App IOs”